Unwanted Hair Removal
- Human hair grows nearly everywhere on the body except few areas like palms and soles.
- The hair can be fine and almost invisible, or very coarse and dark.
- Depending on personal preference and social norms, women and men around the world opt to remove hair from certain body areas as a part of their beauty routine.
Why Do We Have Unwanted Hair?
- Androgenetic hormones are the main regulators of hair follicles and control where hair will and will not grow, as well as its thickness and color.
- Men have much higher androgen levels than women, which makes them have more, as well as thicker, body hair.
- A person’s hairiness is primarily determined by genetics, but it can also be affected by medications, such as steroids, or by hormonal imbalances.
- There are many hair removal systems and hair removal methods for removing unwanted hair, most commonly from the legs, bikini line, armpits, back, upper lip and chin.
Consult Dr.Alekya Singapore to know more on unwanted hair and its treatments.