Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
What is platelet rich plasma (PRP)?
What are the Indications for PRP – Hair?
- Male pattern hair loss
- Female pattern hair loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard.
What are the Indications for PRP – skin?
- Acne Scars
- Dark Circles around the eyes
- Fine line reduction
- Facial skin rejuvenation
- Hand rejuvenation
- Non healing ulcer
What are the Contraindication?
- Severe or Abnormal Platelet Count
- Chronic (or acute) infections on scalp(we treat your scalp before starting PRP sessions)
- Patients on Anti-coagulation therapy.
How is PRP helpful?
- Helps in promoting healthier hair
- Prevents further hair loss.
- Prevents further miniaturization of the hair follicle
- Regrows thicker hair
- Accelerate the process of wound healing after a hair transplant procedure
- Stimulating stem cells to induce collagen and elastin formation
- Stimulates repair of the skin
- Helps in achieving younger looking and flawless skin
How is PRP performed?
- First a small quantity of patients own blood is collected and will immediately centrifuge it in order to separate the RBC and the plasma rich in platelets.
- This plasma is then collected and injected in the scalp or in the skin where required(using insuling syringes -making it close to painless procedure)
- The session takes approximately 40mins -1hour.
What are the post procedure instruction?
Not to shampoo or application of any lotions or creams on scalp on the same day after procedure
Resume all normal activities the same day
Are there any side effects?
Slight initial pain or mild redness which is transient is experienced by few patients and will settle in few hours.